Most people have used eBay or at least heard of it. If not, here’s a quick explanation of what the internet consumer-to-consumer site is all about.
Founded in 1995, eBay.com is an auction and shopping website in which people and businesses buy and sell a wide variety of goods and services worldwide. Whilst eliminating the need for a middleman in trade, the site also strives to provide a safe and secure Internet experience. Users from all corners of the globe are connected in a continually broadening marketplace where over 6.4 million items are listed every day. It’s said that the site averages more than one billion views per day.
The most expensive item ever sold on eBay was a 405-foot, steel mega-yacht (marketed as a Gigayacht) which was offered up for auction on eBay November 3rd, 2006 with a ‘buy now’ price of $85 million.
What are the top 10 items sold on ebay
- Art – old paintings that you have replaced but have chosen to keep
- Antiques – non sentimental artefacts like cigarette boxes, furniture or collectables
- Computers – old lap tops that still work
- Jewellery – all items of silver and gold will sell well#
- Clothing – shirts, trousers, shoes that you have hardly worn
- Housewares – rugs, kitchenware, lamps, bookcases
- Exercise equipment – running machines are popular
- Cars – if you buy a new car don’t part exchange, sell it on ebay
- Concert tickets – you can pick up tickets that others have bought but no longer want
- Electronics – radios, CD players, televisions
Many people will use eBay to earn a living whilst others will simply buy and sell a few goods that have finally reappeared after a spot of de-cluttering in the home. If you do have a mountain of valuables, books, CDs, antiques, sentimental pieces of furniture or a garage full of DVDs, you might find it easier to use a self storage unit to not only protect them, but to keep them under lock and key whilst you list them on eBay.
It makes sense. List them, box them and store them in your self storage unit and when they’re sold, simply pop in and collect before mailing them off. What could be easier?
If you have yet to try eBay and need a few tips on how best to store your belongings, why not ask us or maybe share your experiences with us. If you want to inquire about a self storage unit and live in Bristol, Stroud, Cheltenham or Gloucester, you can contact us at Space Centre Self Storage. We will be only too pleased to provide you with a free quote on a self storage unit and any other information you might need.