Music festival lovers across the country can gear up for another epic season. Fan favourites include Boomtown, Bestival, Latitide Festival, Houghton Festival and The Great Escape among others. For those who know what it takes to truly enjoy the festivities, preparation is key and extends beyond a simple festival guide. So what do self storage lockers have to do with music festivals? Here’s what you can do to prepare for the season. Continue reading
Effective office storage is essential for any organisation no matter the type or the size. At some point, every business outgrows their current space but expanding or relocating to bigger premises may not always be possible. The associated costs such as increased rent, rates and electricity are major contributing factors. However, there are really good storage ideas which apply to home offices, small businesses or larger corporates. Let’s get right to it shall we. Continue reading
One of the most frequently asked questions from people looking for self-storage space is just how much space they need. It can be a challenge to calculate or visualise how much space is required especially for first-timers. This is an important step in the process as you don’t want to pay for space you don’t need right? It’s easy to picture your furniture in your living room, dining room or bedrooms but not so much when you have to stack everything into a smaller space. Continue reading
Traditionally, downsizing was something that only got considered when retirement was on the horizon. With the children gone and older age creeping up, thoughts would turn to a smaller house and garden that wouldn’t take quite so much work. But that’s no longer the case. There are increasing numbers of reasons why people are thinking about downsizing and in some severe circumstance, have no choice.
Why are people downsizing?
- Financial uncertainty. In the uncertain times of potential interest rate fluctuations people are reviewing their needs to see if they can cut their mortgage payments, or even remove them altogether
- Too much space. The kids have grown up and you’re just rattling around in a big old house.
- Running costs. A smaller property will cost less to heat, light and insure.
- Maintenance and cleaning. A smaller place will take less work, time and money to take care of.
- More free time. Logic says that if you’re spending less time maintaining and cleaning a house and garden, you’ll have more time to do things you want to do, and may even have more money to do them.