Downsizing, for whatever reason, can be a challenging process as there is so much to consider. What do you keep and throw away? What if you want to hold onto things that just won’t fit in your new, smaller property? Besides planning ahead and being vigilant when clearing out, self storage units are extremely beneficial when it comes to downsizing. We take a look at a few downsizing tips along with best practices when using self storage units.Continue reading
House clearance can mean different things to different people. We all need to get rid of unwanted items at some point and good household storage solutions can really help. A full house clearance is the easiest way to rid your home, garage, room or attic of items you no longer need. This extends to furniture, antiques, collectibles, valuable and non-valuable goods.
Depending on the circumstances, it can be a difficult time so don’t rush into anything. You may regret it later if you bring in a house clearance firm before doing any organising yourself. Continue reading
Downsizing has long been considered something people do when they retire. Fact is, the modern-day minimalist way of living is one of the major contributing factors. Downsizing your household is sometimes difficult but self storage units can really help. You get to declutter, organise and safely store sentimental or high valued items without breaking a sweat. Continue reading
No matter how hard we try, it seems that at some point in our lives we all have too much stuff and nowhere to store it. Household storage, student belongings, paperwork or business needs mean that the use of temporary self storage is on the increase. We take a look at some of the typical reasons why people are turning to storage solutions outside the home to help solve their problems. Continue reading
Traditionally, downsizing was something that only got considered when retirement was on the horizon. With the children gone and older age creeping up, thoughts would turn to a smaller house and garden that wouldn’t take quite so much work. But that’s no longer the case. There are increasing numbers of reasons why people are thinking about downsizing and in some severe circumstance, have no choice.
Why are people downsizing?
- Financial uncertainty. In the uncertain times of potential interest rate fluctuations people are reviewing their needs to see if they can cut their mortgage payments, or even remove them altogether
- Too much space. The kids have grown up and you’re just rattling around in a big old house.
- Running costs. A smaller property will cost less to heat, light and insure.
- Maintenance and cleaning. A smaller place will take less work, time and money to take care of.
- More free time. Logic says that if you’re spending less time maintaining and cleaning a house and garden, you’ll have more time to do things you want to do, and may even have more money to do them.